Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You're Never Going to Believe This

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand emotions, too. Charlotte took several willing bites of pureed pizza yesterday and today. And, as you can see, she picked up her little training feeding stick (I have no idea what to call that thing) and, while I was in the kitchen, started feeding herself. My eyes welled up. It was amazing. I don't remember the last time she was interested in feeding herself. Today she nibbled on a chicken nugget, a food she loves but that she hasn't touched in over a month. While you can't see it in this not so great photo, she was really happy with herself. The more I grinned and clapped, the more she ate.

So, she can do it and she will do it. It's matter of getting her to do it consistently. One day...

No comments: