Monday, February 19, 2007

So Many Words


For the Charlotte's Feeding Team, I've spent several hours (so far) this week working on questionnaires about her development. I had to circle all the words she knows. Here's what I came up with:

apple
bath
banana
come
cake
down
cheese
eat
cookie
help
cracker
kiss
egg
peekaboo (boo)
hot
tea
sleep
water
up
ball
brush
balloon
home
book
clean
crayon
happy
bear
nice
moon
hat
star
sweater
bunny
byebye
chicken
excuse me
duck
hi, hello
fish
meow
puppy
nose
arm
out
belly button
thank you
chin
yes
ear
baby
eye
daddy
hand
mommy
knee
Elmo
nose
Dora
teeth
applesauce
noodle
o's (sphagettio's)
brush
hole
hippo
Okay, not all of the words sound like the ones that are logged here. But, Philippe and I (and Jenna, Karley, Eve and Laura) know what she means! (I'm sure I'm missing some words, so if you've heard her say something else, please add a comment!)
And…she has started saying “thank you” spontaneously, at the appropriate moments.

No comments: