Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


I'm sitting in my brother's kitchen chatting with my niece while she makes apple pies for Thanksgiving dinner. She's a college junior. It seems like yesterday she was sitting on the puzzle pieces so I couldn't help her. Or asking me to swing her again and again. Or writing me the sweetest letters an aunt ever received. Now we're talking about poli sci classes and life after college. It's rather amazing.

Later today we're heading to visit my friend Debbie and then to my sister-in-law's sister's for the holiday. It's going to be a day filled with old friends (I've known Debbie since we were four), family, and a great deal be thankful for.

One of the things we're always thankful for is Charlotte's continuing good health. This year we're also grateful for her incredibly talented teachers who are making first grade a year of learning, discovery, and fun.

Wishing all of you a beautiful, love-filled holiday!

No comments: