Monday, April 16, 2007

Virginia Tech--Zichrono Livracha

I can't help but pause briefly and ask you all to do the same. What happened at Virginia Tech has affected me more viscerally than I can explain. Maybe it is because I'm teaching on a college campus these days and back in touch with my academic friends. Maybe it's because I'm a mom. Maybe it is because my eldest niece and my cousins are all on major college campuses. Maybe 9/11 is finally really sinking in for me.

Please take a moment to remember the victims of this horrible, horrible day. Their lives might have touched ours differently had they had the opportunity to fulfill their dreams. Tonight, their lives must touch us as we try to understand how something like this can happen in our United States and do what we can to be sure it never happens again.

May their lives be for a blessing. And may they rest in peace.

No comments: